Rice Above #6

17 March - In the midst of this busy afternoon in a typical restaurant setting, I just got to start writing because I just gotta. I think have a long term memory problem which I could not remember details of specific events. I like to quickly remember details daily and write then forget about them because I have stored them in here. So more memory space for other things, more dreaming~

Yesterday I ran off from work to see Infectious Maggots, Kuchalana and Apparatus perform. I was very semangat that I've spent RM45 just for taxi fare to get to the gig. Come to think about it, that was really expensive! It was worth every penny because I've got the opportunity to see the old timers perform.

I got off at Bukit Bintang Monorail to meet my friend, Arip, but little did I know, the place was a fishing pond for corporation unleashing their the fishing rods (their workers/promoters) to lure the fishes (mass) to take their bait (simcards). I had just sat less than 5 minutes on the speakers of the huge billboard TV which were built in concrete boxes surrounding the Maybank square, then came the devils. Their aggressive approach towards pushing their services was a little scary for me. The communication service providers are at war with each other. They are competing to win handphone users to change to their simcards. Everything is offered free and special before you sign the agreement. Then they tell you have to pay RM50 by the end of the month for commitment. It was insane! Their promoters were trained to be vigilantes to push products we don't need. They were thugs in Celcom blue uniforms harassing an agreement out of anyone who bought into their scheme. I find it offensive but at the same time pitying the promoters as they looked like barely school leavers. I was trapped by my own sense of guilt inflicted by confusion and annoyance. I just wanted them to get out of my face and stop hassling with me. I had given into the evil that they'd seduced me.What have I done? Arip arrived while they were explaining to me about the package. I was practically crying for help. I should have been stronger and said no. The Corporation played psychological warfare masking behind their teenage employees who just wanted their cut of the commission. They will get their share while I got sink in the whirlpool of the marketing frenzy. I'm going to cancel the service after this.

Arip and I went to pulau where the rest of our friends were there. Cyclist gang came after we ordered food. I love Mislina's bicycle which Roby rode that night. It was silver chrome in color. It looks old school with new groovy futuristic look. One thing I like to do is cekeduting people's bikes. Especially odd bikes and when girls ride them. It is kind of a sense of pride to see them and at the same time I feel motivated and solidarity. Peng rode from Shah Alam. I was so happy to find out about another girl cyclists. Bicycles are the most efficient and socially responsible form of transportation. (^_^)/

Off we went to C&C. Arip and I walked while he pushed his bike. I wish I had my bike. The show was just about to start when we arrived. Infinite Delay was the first to perform. Bardridos was the vox. The bassist had some problem with his strap and awww his gf was watching him from the side of the stage. I saw them communicating with facial expressions and body language. He was performing for her. Definitely! He was facing her the whole time and not the crowd. I noticed this because I was at the side of the stage standing on the cushions to get a better view of the band. This was not a good spot to be at because somehow you don't feel the atmosphere. You'd be at the sideline hanging on the boat while other crew/crowd battle the rocking boat which the music was the waves and the bands were the oars. This was a different crowd all together. Loyalist fans of these old timers. A lot of unfamiliar faces. Someone from the crowd shouted "We want violence". Huh? Everyone ignored him including the band. Dah naik gila lah tu.

Infectious Maggots was brutal awesome! It was a special show because the old vox, Fathul made an appearance. Almost all the band mates had aged. Emm.. their drummer had mysteriously missing from the place and they took some time to call him on stage. Who knows where this father of a lovely little girl had gone to. Mesti tgh main dgn anak dia ni...

What else can I say about Infectious Maggots and Kuchalana? They were both brutal wicked. You'd feel their heavy influence on the crowd and their music were so mesmerizing. They were a little below older than my mom. Just a tad. Probably somewhere in their forties but they worked on those music machines so that you bite your tongue seeing them blew you away. Perfecto!

I had to go back to work that night but I didn't. It was too tempting to stay to see Aparatus. I just got to see Along perform because I've never seen them play before. Tak tahu lah camne nak discribe diorang. hehe sbb dah seminggu yang lepas. Ok lah... My mind was too much worried of the time to go back and did not enjoyed the gig. But I got to spend time with my friends as we shared the music! =) Kid and Niesa cycled! Comelnya crusty couple ni!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top tintamanis. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.