~*Something Shinny*~

We are often intrigued by things that we find shinny and it is always interesting to discover something new. For the apparent reasons, we get excited about somebody that we've just met......... (^_^) Getting out of the confinements of our houses was a very rewarding especially when you get to hang out with a like minded friend like Arip.

We had promised to meet at a park near Amcorp mall in Petaling Jaya. I felt so guilty because I was late for about 3 hours.... Not having a schedule for about 2 years made this so. My only alarm clock was my mobile phone which the battery had died forcing me to wake up with a sensible shock because I realised I was really late.. I could not take the public transportation because I wanted to cycle. Need to save money for the Taiping trip. I called Arip to say that I was going to be very late.. I was like a machine getting ready.

As soon as I arrived, he was laying on a bench reading the Chainbreaker book. He said he even fell asleep while waiting for me. I really felt bad! I couldn’t stop apologizing. He was cool though. I don’t know what was going through his mind.. I just hoped they were not anger and disappointment. He was too kind to offer me bananas. We exchanged flowers picked by the side of the road. I had always yearned for those pink flowers along the highway. Riding on a bicycle made it possible for me to pick these flowers... He must’ve thought of the same thing. Sweet.

We moved further into the park to settle under a tree. Ahh fresh grass~ We leaned our bicycles next to the tree and made ourselves comfortable. We could not wait to get our stuff out to share with each other.. Books, sewing kit, Ocarina, sketch book and tape recorder. We were like little kids sharing candies. We talked about everything... Interrogating as I like to call it. Getting into a friendship needs tending with lots of memory storage. So many things to ask and tell.

Arip is a sweet guy who like me, loves to dream of the ideal world we would like to live in. He envisioned himself living in a kampong house with a garden someday. He commutes to work with his bicycle from Pandan Indah to Bukit Bintang. He’s a vegetarian. He’s a casual smoker (ehem). He’s a geeky book worm who gets excited about everything. He was kind of the ideal guy who every visionary revolutionist girl would ever want (so typical of me to say this). :p Not at all being a cynic, it’s a sincere compliment.

We were two dreamers in a semi-busy town trying to find little hope of our roots with nature on a working day where everyone else was busy meddling their desks in their offices. Some did not have a choice. We were gathering puzzles that made us our lives. Trying to make connection. Interaction. Trying to make sense in our mere existence. Reality does not imbue beauty so much as these words conveyed to you. It’s with the power of words that we stand together to dream.

I had a very lovely time that I forgot that it was time to go. It was The Pips jamming session that night. I changed plans to go with Cem instead of cycling to the studio in Sunway leaving more time for Arip and me to talk. We cycled to one park to another. After having early dinner, we cycled to the playground in front of Ponyo. I had to leave my bicycle at Ponyo to hitch a ride with Cem’s motorbike. We sat at the table and talked more about ourselves while the sun sets its orange rays in between clouds and into the hills at the end of the horizon. When it was dark, we moved to the swings. We talked about plans that didn’t really been materialized because of financial and time constraints. A lot of projects with good ideas got lost in the busy life of seeking money for food and shelter. Maybe it will only take a few sparks from a few passionate people to get things going. I always believe that when you are excited working on something, you will find effort to make it happen no matter what. Maybe those few passionate people are you and me Arip. Let’s get shit done. We shall invite others as well. :)

When Cem arrived, we had to part. It was a lovely day.. Thanks Arip for willing to meet me all the way just so that I could have my thumb drive back. It is one of my precious belongings that I could not live without. Thanks also for the awesome songs copied in it. Hope you had an amazing day like I did. We should do this often...

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top tintamanis. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.